by Audrey Bogert
With a new school year under way, it is difficult to get students back into the swing of homework and learning outside of the classroom. This Kids Health article provides 10 easy steps to create a productive homework environment for students.
Their tips include:
1. Get to know the teachers and attending school functions/getting involved at the school.
2. Set up a designated homework-friendly area.
3. Schedule a daily study time.
4. Create a work schedule.
5. Minimize distractions.
6. Avoid giving them answers to problems.
7. Be motivating and inquire after their assignments.
8. Set good examples.
9. Give encouragement and praise.
10. Don’t be afraid to go to their teacher or a tutor for help.
An organized and positive environment dedicated to focusing on school work is crucial to your student’s creation of healthy study habits that he or she will apply throughout his or her education.